Servings size: 4-5 people
Wild rice medley
Green bell pepper*
*Feel free to mix up the veggies with whatever you have in your pantry/fridge already if you don't want to go out to buy these exact items
**Optional if you do not prefer spice
***Pre-soak lentils in water in the fridge the day before you want to cook them
1. Once you are ready to cook, drain and wash them in the strainer
2. Use food processor or hand cut tomatoes down into a puree to use as a base for the stew
3. Chop up ginger, jalapeño and lemon to give a zesty spicy flavor (optional based on your preference) Use however much you prefer depending on your taste buds
4. Mix in the pot tomato puree liquid, rice, lentils, ginger, jalapeño and lemon juice. Add about 1-2 cups of water depending on the amount of rice & lentils you use and let boil for a few minutes.
5. Cut peppers and onions and then add to the stew and bring to a simmer.
6. Add some spices of your choice! I chose cayenne pepper, garlic powder, black pepper and curry.
7. Add mushrooms to the stew and keep temperature on low to simmer.
8. Remove from heat after about 15-20 minutes or until water is fully absorbed in the lentils and rice. Let cool and serve to enjoy!
Good luck and keep trying new recipes and foods as often as possible!